is a procedure which enables any physical person or legal entity to disprove the accuracy or the whole data contained in the report, after making insight in his Personal Report. If he considers that some data are incorrect or incomplete he shall be recomnended to make complaint and disprove those data.
Accuracy of Data
Providers of Data are responsible for the accuracy of data. They are obliged to deliver complete and correct data and to make their regular corrections and updating.
How to determine the existence of incorrect or incomplete data?
The Subject of Data may notice incorrect, unupdated or incomplete data in two ways:
- - Through Personal Report in which he can see data which he thinks is incorrect, un-updated or incomplete;
- - Through making insight in the Users Report that has been downloaded by a member of MCB for that person.
In that case the Subject of Data may submit Request for Correction / Amendment of data in MCB which shall be delivered to the Provider of Data from whom the disproved data originate.
During the period from receiving the Complaint in MCB to its solution, in all reports which the Users of Data will receive shall contain the information that the liability for which the complaint was made has been disproved.
The Provider of Data is obliged to complete the checkup of data within 10 days from receipt of the notification for the disproval the completeness and/or accuracy of data.
Which data can be disproved?
- If the Provider of Data accepts the Complaint from the Subject of Data he is obliged to correct the data, and MCB shall notify the Users of Data which have downloaded for the Subject of Data within last 2 months providing them with new corrected report.
- If the Provider of Data does not accept the complaint the remark “Liabilities Disproved” is taken away from the reports and shall notify the Subject of Data.
- If the Provider of Data does not respond to the complaint within determined 10 days, MCB shall temporary delete the opposed responsibility in the report, until receipt the reply from the Provider of Data and shall make a remark in the report that the obligation (quating the reference number) is under procedure of complaint at the Provider of Data.
The Subject of Data has the right to disprove any personal data or data concerning the liability from the report if he considers that it is incorrect or incomplete. The personal data for which correction the Provider of Data was not informed shall be excluded (eg. if the Subject of Data has not informed the Provider of Data for the change in mailing address, change of surname and similar). In that case it shall be considered that the Provider of Data has supplied correct data, because he has provided the latest valid data for which he was informed. For that reason, disproving the personal data is best done directly to the Provider of Data before who has given data about him in the MCB.